Have a hankering for a real small-town America Fourth of July? Well, we have limited availability, but if you hustle you might still snag a reservation at the Brewster House B&B. The day starts with the Freeport town parade rolling right down Main Street outside our door–watch it from the comfort of our front porch–and ends with a bang on the L.L. Bean Campus. . . literally!
Here’s the roundup of Freeport Fourth of July activities:
- Breakfast at the Brewster House B&B | 8:00 – 9:00 AM
Our three course breakfast will get your Fourth of July started right. Our coffee always gets raves.
- St. Jude’s 4th of July Pancake Breakfast | 7:00 – 10:00 AM
Want to enjoy a second breakfast? We won’t judge. Join St. Jude’s at 134 Main St for their annual pancake gorge-a-thon.
Adults: $7.00 | Children 12 and under: $4.00
- 10k Road Race and Fun Run | 7:30 AM
Run all that breakfast off with a 10k challenge or a one mile family fun run (or walk!)
Race: $25 Walk: $5 (online registration fee for both)
- Freeport 4th of July Parade | 10:00 AM – 10:30 AM
Pull up a chair and enjoy the floats, bands, fire trucks rolling down Maine Street from the front porch of the Brewster House Inn. (Free)
- All-day activities at Wolfe’s Neck Farm | starting at 10 AM
Feed the animals, go for a haywagon ride, rent a bike, canoe or kayak, or take a farm fields and livestock tour: Wolfe’s Neck Farm is a place for both kids and adults to visit animals and explore the natural world. Check out their weekend programming here. | $5.00 for some tours
- David Mallett and The Mallet Brothers Band | 7:30 PM
Rock out to original music that spans country, rock n’ roll, Americana and Folk. (Free)
- Town of Freeport 4th of July Firework Celebration | 9:30 PM
Finally, the Big Event! Watch it on the L.L. Bean Campus (Free)