Cleaning; Baking; Brewing, Homeschooling, Exercising and to be perfectly honest…Drinking are on a loop here at the Brewster House.
As we anxiously await good word from health authorities that travel restrictions can be lifted, it can be hard to distinguish one day from the next. Despite the uncertainty, we’re staying positive: cherishing the quality time with the kids (yes, between refereeing sibling quarrels and meltdowns over schoolwork we’ve managed to find fun!); appreciating the extra time to make sure everything will be tip-top when the Brewster House reopens and especially marveling at the show of love & support we’ve seen among our friends, family, beloved guests, neighbors and our industry colleagues.
Life in Freeport differs so much from our former New York City, of course. But there are daily examples of community pulling together to help families in need with food, shelter & emotional support. These acts of kindness may have changed in size & scope but they are all truly uplifting.
Looking to the Future
The roller coaster of when we can get back to ‘normal’ is exhausting. As soon as I get resigned to one date, another estimate leaves me gasping for air. May 15th is tentatively slated for the travel restrictions to lift but like life today, always subject to change.
Although a few guests cancelled their reservations due to travel constraints, more have opted to shift their dates hoping to see Maine’s beauty in the late summer and fall. Many guests have generously let us hold onto their deposits which we’ll apply when they reschedule, while others have seized the opportunity to enjoy the GIFT CARD incentive we’re pleased to extend to all our guests- current & future. We’re so appreciative for this support of our small business.
Simply put, we are staying the course here- applying for help from the SBA to weather this crisis but also using this time to deep clean every surface of the Inn’s common areas & guests rooms including furniture, fixtures and linens. Dave even took his culinary & brewing talents one step further by making our new, house made hand sanitizer!
In anticipation, we’ve put a few new programs in place for your safety, but also thinking creatively as we adjust to the new norm. Do know your business is always appreciated.
Here’s a sneak peek….with more to come:
- Reservations made from now until May 31st will enjoy free cancellations (waiving our standard, credit card $25 processing fee) with a 7-day notice*
- Special “No Breaky” Rates designed to encourage you to rest, relax and get out to enjoy the great Maine outdoors
- Stays of 3 nights or more (during the months of June & July) will enjoy a complimentary room upgrade, when available
- Extended hours & Staggered breakfast service to offer guests greater space while dining
- Rent the entire Brewster House, grab your friends & family and invite them to “Meet INNperson.” You’ve been toasting via FaceTime and Zoom for too long- do it in person and with the comfort of a smaller gathering of just your friends & family for 30% off! Ask us about private group dinners, hands on cooking classes, a complimentary bottle of Prosecco upon arrival and more exclusive fun with only your closest pals all under one roof.
Reach out today to discuss your upcoming reservation, reserve your summer stay and/or consider supporting our small business with our GIFT CARD offer. We’ll be here …anxious to reacquaint all with BigBrewstah, Dave’s gourmet breakfast, and fresh baked cookies in the comfort of our home.
Now excuse me as I need to rescue a younger sibling from her brother….